Sunday 11 September 2011

The Night Down The Pub

A few night's ago I went to the pub with a few friends. This is usually one of my favourite activities but this time I was very stressed for a number of reasons. First of all I was overly worried about Patch, which causes me a great deal of stress and probably triggered the rest of the symptoms I experienced that night. 

We were seated next to a large group who were being very loud. Now I couldn't make out what they were saying but I knew that they were talking about me. This was disconcerting and with the worrying about Patch on top of this I was quite distressed. 

It';s then I started to experience what is known as a Fregoli delusion. Which is where you believe people are around you are actually someone else in disguise. In my case I thought that all the women were a friend of mine. Now this wasn't particularly distressing but it was very confusing, I spent a while trying to figure out how she was getting around so quickly before I realised that it must not of been real. 

The fourth and final thing is probably the most difficult to explain. In the simplest form all I can say is that the light seemed "solid". It felt liek I could reach out and touch the light, not the light bulbs but the light coming from them. I'm probably not doing a good job of explaining it but it is was it is. 

In the end I ended up telling a close friend what was going on and he helped me through it, so I guess the message of this post is not to underestimate the help a good friend can be. 

No comments:

Post a Comment